Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen." Johann Wolfgang van Goethe

Well here we go... my first venture into blogland. *Deep breath* and... SPLASH! I'm in! There, that wasn't so bad.
This blog has an actual purpose, though, and I have no intention of just waffling off into (cyber)space, wondering occaisonally if there's anyone out there reading my randomity and rants. The purpose is to develop and grow the Pandora's Bag brand, as well as my personal brand. I feel that every person is their own brand, and should develop themselves accordingly.
I intend to develop my personal brand into something more fun, funky, creative and outstanding than it has been up until now, and to run with that and see where it takes me. But I am going to have a damn good time doing it!

That's where Pandora's Bag comes from. One of those ideas that plants itself in your brain, alongside Jiminy Cricket, and slowly starts growing, until one day it's so big that it drops into the pit of your stomach and the ruckus awakens an excitement you had forgotten you were capable of experiencing. And then it won't go away, so you start to feed it and nurture it, and it becomes a dream. And before you know it, you are taking steps to realise that dream, and those steps begin to open up new doors to new ideas, which suddenly start to jostle for space next to Jiminy Cricket. And so it goes, until you find yourself developing a dream and a personal brand, and doing something you really love.

It's still all so new and exciting and there's so much to still be done before anything is official, but there's a vision, and there's determination the like of which I'm not familiar with, so there seem to be infinite possibilities for this particular dream. After a few years of long hard slog, with PLENTY of bumps and holes in the road, I finally feel like I'm headed in the right direction again! So yay for finding something you love doing, getting the creativity flowing again, and actually doing it!

I will be posting pictures in the coming weeks of the bags, and there may be one or two other items that make their way into the brand "catalogue".

No comments: